Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hodge Podge!

My exam was yesterday afternoon - it went ok I think...I hope!!! Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Last week The Husband was away overseas, scoping out a few options for out big move (!!!) so we had someone else covering our dance classes. It was so nice to have a week where I didn't have to head out for the night, although it would have been much nicer if The Husband was home too! Anyways, Tuesday I was back into it with three hours of class, starting off with a teen class! I actually really enjoy teaching the teens - when they don't have their cellphones! - they usually so into it, and they really do enjoy themselves. It does help that they often pick up the steps a lot quicker than adults do!

My craft project of the week - I just made a couple of pockets for The Husband's new iPod Touch (he LOVES gadgets!!), rather boring really! I just used a scrap of black fleece that I had. I also have the cutest stripey fleece, but I'm going to use that to make myself some mittens!
I'm about a third of the way through making a patchwork duvet cover for my Mum for her birthday. It's not until September, so I've got P-L-E-N-T-Y of time! We have a fairly small apartment, so laying out the squares over and over again to figure out the prettiest layout, I scanned each square into my computer and created several different patterns using Microsoft Excel (the grids are SO useful!). Here's what it will hopefully look like:

I especially love the blue fabric in it - I've had my eye on it in the craft store for the last month or so, and I'm so glad we finally found an excuse to use it!

Anyways, I better go and find some things to throw together for dinner!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment