Friday, January 8, 2010

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

The Husband and I baked some cupcakes for my work last night. One of my good work friends is away on leave next week which is my last week and she asked me to make these ones months ago, so figured now was as good a time as any!

They weren't hard to decorate, just a little time consuming!

First we iced each cupcake with blue icing, then put in half a mini chocolate chip cookie for it's mouth, then put blue-tinted coconut* on the icing. We then put two dollops of white icing for the eyes and small chocolate chips for the pupils.

I think they turned out really cute, and they definitely went down a treat at work this morning!!!

*To tint the coconut, put the desired amount of coconut in a ziplock bag, then put several drops of blue food colouring onto the plastic inside the bag, being careful not to get it on any of the coconut yet - it will clump. Then shake the coconut into the colour. Add more food colouring for a brighter colour, or more coconut to lighten it!
Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment