Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last Day

Tomorrow is my last day at work. It's going to be a really sad day. I've been working at this site for the last six years and the people I work with are so awesome - I'm really going to miss them all. I'm sure I will be kept up to date with all the news and gossip, and they have all demanded plenty photos of the twins once they arrive (and before, but they aren't getting those!).
There has been a lot of upheaval at work in the last 6-9 months which has happened almost yearly in the time I've been there. Because of this, I am rather looking forward to leaving...it's just the people I don't want to say goodbye to. I know I'm quite likely to cry, but I'm going to be blaming that on the hormones! I can't believe we are leaving in a week tomorrow!

We are having a few drinks (non-alcoholic for me, of course!) at a local bar on Saturday, so we get a chance to say goodbye to people, then a BBQ lunch with my aunty, uncles and cousins on Sunday, and dinner with some good friends of ours tomorrow night. It's going to be a crazy busy week I think - I've got a couple of appointments in Hamilton early next week too! I don't think we have too much left to do, most of our things are packed (thanks to my totally awesome husband, who has packed it ALL!) and our big things are all sold...with the exception of our couches which is worrying me. Hopefully we can sell them to a second-hand furniture store if they don't sell on TradeMe in the next few days.

The Husband is working for an hour tonight so I need to get dinner ready for when he's home. We've got a cake to ice after dinner too! YUM!!!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) Laura...I so hope that all goes well. Sending you LOTS of love...enjoy the celebrations :-)
    Raising a glass in your general direction sweetie!

    ReplyDelete