Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dear 4am,

You and I have met on more than several occasions. However, we have not particularly gotten to know each other, mostly due to my level of sobriety, until the last two months. I now feel like we are becoming friends. There are many things that I am enjoying about being acquainted with you, a few of which I have listed below:
  1. Seeing my beautiful boys show off their smile in your half-light;
  2. Smelling their sweet baby breath;
  3. Touching the soft fuzz on the tops of their tiny heads;
  4. The feeling of my boys cuddled up close, holding on to my PJs, while they feed;
  5. Spending quiet time with them, nothing else going on in the house, just the three of us together.
In saying that though, I hope you won’t be offended when I stop visiting you. I can’t say when that may be, and for the time being, I am so happy and thankful to be able to enjoy my two precious boys with you.

Love and Hugs,
Laura

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment