Monday, February 7, 2011

Mixing Things Up?


Day 86
Originally uploaded by Road2Chaos

I'm not so shit-hot in the kitchen. I can bake, but I can't exactly cook. I use jar stuff, or packets...A LOT. Seriously, you should see my fridge and my pantry! (I do make 95% of Kason and Cohen's food, though.) I am also home alone for dinner five nights out of seven and by the time 8:30pm-ish rolls around and I've gotten the boys to bed, I don't feel like going to a whole lot of trouble to make an elaborate meal for one. Anyways, lately I've been feeling like I'm eating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. And I'm bored. So...I got a few things at supermarket yesterday.
Tonight I attempted: Mince chow mein.
Result: Fail.
I literally blackened the bottom! I kinda munched it up with the spatula thing and stirred it through. It was too late in the night to chuck it out and start something else, so I just ate it. It tasted ok, had a rather 'barbequed' flavour to it though! Unfortunately, I was being organised and made up extra to freeze (I even had to text my Mum to see if I could actually freeze mince chow mein! I don't think she got it cause I didn't get a reply - I'm just assuming it's ok to freeze!), so I now have two extra meals of BBQ-flavoured mince chow mein to eat at a later date. Oh how I am looking forward to those two days...or not.
Watch this space for more of my attempts in the next couple of weeks!

On another note, we drove into the city this morning. Everytime I go in, I love it a little bit more. I really need to make an effort to make a trip in with Simon and the boys, especially with the big Adelaide Fringe Festival coming up. They are starting to set things up now for it. I just have to get my hands on a guide to check out!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment