Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Veges: No. Fruit: Maybe. Custard: Probably. Yoghurt: Yes!


Day 115
Originally uploaded by Road2Chaos

Cohen is flat-out refusing to eat vegetables. I may be able to trick him into one or two mouthfuls, but that's it. I don't think it's that he doesn't like what I'm giving him - he liked it all a few weeks ago, and when I *am* able to trick him into those few mouthfuls, he doesn't spit it out. I've tried mixing fruit in with them...again, I can only get a couple of mouthfuls into him. Fruit on it's own is touch-and-go - sometimes he will eat it, sometimes not. Custard, which he and Kason only get a couple of times a week, will *usually* be eaten, but not always. Yoghurt though? He will ALWAYS eat yoghurt!!! It is his most favourite food in. the. world! Which is great - we usually have two in the fridge - one vanilla, one flavoured - because the vanilla one allows me to mix his fruit in and he will then eat it. Speaking of...have you ever tried apple & blueberry in vanilla yoghurt? DELISH!!! When I give them that, I always hope they won't eat it all so I get to finish it off! (Sidebar: it is SO frustrating that most yoghurts at the supermarket are low-fat. Seriously, the Ski brand has the biggest range of flavours with full-fat, and we get a choice from 'Wild Strawberry', 'Mango' and 'Vanilla Cream'. That's it. There is SO much more variety if you go for low-fat.)
Anyways, Cohen's eating is getting to the point where I'm getting a bit worried that he isn't getting all he needs. He has been waking up several times during the night, which is strange for him, and he's hungry (In saying that, he slept right through until 6am this morning). I'm not feeding him before he gets his solids, so he's not full from that...I just don't know where to go from here. Do I wait it out? Is he just going through a phase where he has realised that he can decide to not open his mouth? Do I breastfeed him more? Our Child & Youth Health nurse has dropped her visits down to once a month from fortnightly, and she is coming next week, so I'll be talking to her about it then...but that's still a week away yet.

Kason, on the other hand, eats like a champ! He will eat anything, and lots of it. I'm thinking he will have overtaken Cohen in the weight stakes again this month.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment