Thursday, May 12, 2011

Twins (Play)Group


Day 179
Originally uploaded by Road2Chaos

We were hardly home at all today! Well, the boys weren't. They had Occasional Care this morning (and apparently they just wanted to be held the whole time - I think the break over the holidays was a bit much for them), then home, then we headed out to Twins Group. I haven't quite figured out the Twins Group yet...we have been going since about October/November last year, and it's held once a month. Several of the women there have older twins (I think they're about 15!), and there are five of us with littler ones - four-year-old twins, then K&C. The youngest two are about 6 months, so there are quite a few of us with twins around the same age.
It's part of the South Australian Multiple Birth Association, and is called "Two Plus & Us Playgroup". And here is where it gets strange...the ladies that run it are ADAMENT that we have to have a creche for the littles to be in while we catch up. I get the theory behind it, a break from them can be nice. But just having other sets of eyes around is as good as a break, and I would much rather prefer to watch the kids interacting. I love seeing my boys playing with other kids! I'm not alone either, I know that at least three of the other Mums agree with me. It kinds pisses me off that the older Mums haven't even asked us what we want - their kids are all at school so it doesn't even apply to them. To be honest, I don't even really know why I go most months...I guess it's because it's nice to talk to people who know exactly the challenges that come with twins. And, every month we have gone, I haven't put K&C in the creche, I just take them with me.

...I'd feel like I was stepping on toes if I started my own twins group.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment