Monday, January 9, 2012

Food Stress

Simon went back to work today after 2.5 weeks of holiday. And after having at least one extra pair of hands around for the last 3.5 weeks, today was a bit of a struggle for me. We don't have any of our usual activities on this week (or next, I don't think), so maybe that thought played a part, too.

Cohen and Kason have, in the last few days, decided that the only they will eat is if they are able to feed themselves. At breakfast, this is perfectly fine, and lunch is always finger food anyways. Dinnertime, however, is a different story. They both flat-out refuse to eat vegetables or meat in any form other than mash (apart from Cohen, who will eat sausages). And even that they often won't eat. And feeding themselves, they aren't eating more than a spoonful or two each. Considering Cohen has already lost quite a bit of weight, and Kason put hardly any on in the last month...I worry. And, to be honest, it is stressing me out. I'm trying not to show it, but it's hard. I know they like what I give them, there are nights when they devour it. It's frustrating, especially when they need to eat, when they need to be putting on weight. I know I need to chill out, that they will eat if they're hungry...it's hard though!

On the plus side, and a completely different subject, they both slept until 7am this morning, then were happy as to chat to each other for another 30 minutes before we got them up...it was so nice to be in bed until 7:30am!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment