Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Last night we went down to the beach and watch the sun set on 2011. A year when our two little boys went from 7-month old babies who were learning to crawl to 19-month old toddlers who climb and run, who love to give cuddles and kisses and play in the ocean.

We are looking forward to 2012, and watching Kason and Cohen grow and learn and develop even more. It's weird to think that this time next year they will be 2.5 and we will be tackling the potty!

2012 has a few things in store for us. I'm hoping it will bring a trip to New Zealand in April for me, Kason and Cohen; another trip back to NZ in November/December for my best friend's wedding, for all of us this time; and I also have something in the pipeline at the moment, but it needs a bit more work before I share it.
I don't particularly like making resolutions. A year is a long time, and you just never know what it might throw at you that could derail even the best of intentions. It's probably pessimistic of me, but hey! I do have a few ideas of things I'd like to improve/change/accomplish though.

We've had a great start to the year - we were at the beach by 10am so we could avoid the ridiculous heat (try 41*C this afternoon!), then both boys had a mammoth nap...and so did Simon and I! We had a quiet afternoon, inside, with the air conditioning cranking. Both boys were crashed out in bed almost as soon as we put them down tonight, and I'm hoping that they pull another 7am start out for us J

It's so awesome to have a couple of weeks with Simon at home with us, and as nice as it was having my parents here, I'm really appreciating this time with just the four of us. I don't think we've had this amount of time together as a family ever!

Happy New Year to you all, I hope that it brings you everything you dream it will.

xxx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment