Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You Know That Time

...when your two-year old broke the TV? Yeah...it's awesome. Or not, as the case may be!

After dinner tonight, Kason told me he felt sick, and he wanted cuddles on the couch. Of course I obliged. Cohen was perfectly happy to run around and play by himself, so all good. Until Cohen realised that Kason felt sick and I was giving him cuddles and therefore wasn't going to get up from the couch unless it was absolutely necessary. He KNOWS that he isn't allowed to push the dining room chairs around the house, but as I was busy with Kason, he figured he'd get away with it. I do have to admit, though, that he did put the chair away when I asked him to, but before I did that, he managed to pluck the spare car keys off the bench (don't ask me why they were there - I have no idea!).
His next step after putting the chair away? Playing with his car ramp and using the keys to press buttons. All good, no problem. But his step after that? Putting the key in the SD card slot on the TV. I think he shorted the circuit or something, because the TV doesn't work now! The little stand-by light flashes, but nothing on the screen. Of course Simon is at work and his phone battery is dead - he is NOT going to be impressed when he finds out! Well, maybe he will be secretly happy if it means he "has" to get a new TV.

I guess I should be happy it didn't happen last week when we had to fork out $2600 to fix our car. But still, we just had to fork out $2600 to fix the car!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, we'll just have to call a TV repairman in the morning and see what a repair might cost.

I know I've been ridiculously slack with my blog lately. Things have been piling up on me a bit, and I've been feeling really overwhelmed with it all, and I really didn't have the energy to write posts. Hopefully it's going to change now?! We'll see. The boys and I are going away in a few weeks, and I never usually post while we're away, but maybe I'll give it more of a try this time :-)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment